I’m getting really great results from the skin care items I’ve been using for the past few months. I posted about the products I was trying a few weeks back and wanted to give a happy update. My skin is greatly improving every day and I can honestly say I think it’s due to these items. Together or separate, I’m not sure what the biggest helpful addition is/was, but I’m super excited about it. You can read the post where I detail the products I’m using here.
Oh and here’s me today without any makeup and only my Shiseido moisturizer…
Sure, I took that picture with my iPhone so it’s not the greatest of qualities but I just want to point out how much smoother and clearer my skin recently has become. Which I never thought I’d get to say until I was like, 70.
I’ve been battling these bumps on my face for about 2 years now along with the occasional regular breakout. I have had a remarkably lesser amount of that in the past 2 months. One or two very minor blemishes pop up but they quickly go away.
[For sanity’s sake, I’ve just linked all these products for those reading at the bottom of the post.]
Here’s some newer products I’ve added into the overall routine (and also pictured is an oldie but goodie as in HG status):
1. Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Toner: I use this after I get out of the shower/after washing my face completely with my Clarisonic and MB Glycolic cleanser, before I put on moisturizer. I feel that this toner balances my skin and gets rid of any surviving makeup (which is quite the feat there, Mr. Makeup). I also found out this comes in *huge* pre-moistened towelettes which is super convenient for those who travel a lot.
2. L’Oreal Skin Perfecting Micellar 3-in-1 Cleansing Water Solution: Ok. This stuff isn’t available in the US, so let me just say that straight away. I heard great things about Bioderma and that this L’Oreal one was a dupe so I bought it online on eBay. And wow… it’s quite amazing. It’s like a makeup remover and toner mixed into one. It feels like water, has no scent, and it is hypoallergenic, also a great plus for my breakout-prone skin. I tried it and immediately fell in love. It leaves no oily residue and removes everything with a cotton pad. I recently tweeted L’Oreal to bring this to the US since it’s so much cheaper ($6-8, US converted price for 200ml) than the Bioderma ($30ish for 250ml). Hopefully they hear my sobs all the way from my makeup chair.
3. Palmers Coco Butter Swivel Stick: I’ve used this stuff since middle school. People used to ask me if I was putting a glue stick on my lips. Boys thought I was weird. I just knew I had the softest lips in town. I think it’s needless to say I still use this every day and have multiples laying around the house. It’s soft, buttery, smells incredible, and covers your lips in 1 swipe. It also stays on your lips for a long period of of time and actually sinks into your lips, unlike an EOS ball lip balm. I’ll use this forever, I’m sure. Did I mention it’s under $3?
Oh, and did you notice the bottom of the one pictured, where my dog Stu decided to try it out as a bone? I never knew he was into soft lips.
4. Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer Enriched: Yes I’ve posted about this stuff before but here I go again!
I’ve been using this goo for about 4 months now, ran out, and have even repurchased it. I use it alone as my nighttime moisturizer. It’s thick, absorbs quickly, doesn’t make me oilier (thank god), has a nice scent (if you’re sensitive you may think it’s overpowering but I love it), doesn’t have any sulfate ingredients, and it doesn’t clog my pores — hallelujah! I have nothing bad to say about it except that it’s $45 for 1.7 oz… however one lasted me for over 3 months with using it every single night without fail.
5. Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment: I posted in my February Skincare Update about how I was using this new product here when I got this as a sample and gave it a try as I really love all other Boscia products I’ve bought — I try to go for more natural products, both in what I eat and what I put on my body, as much as possible (provided the body/makeup product works, haha).
I use this eye cream at night after I put on my face moisturizer. It has a slight silicony feel without being overly slippery (hate that). It sinks nicely into my eye area and seems to hydrate it well. I don’t have much dryness in my eye area though so I can’t comment on how well it would work for people with extremely dry skin. I think it seems to have lessened any fine lines a bit and I would definitely purchase it in the future. I have another eye cream to try out first but I – officially, certainly – like this one a lot. 🙂
I’ve put all these items in a collection on my Luvocracy site so that anyone can find/buy them straight away aka no googling: Current Skincare Products Luvocracy Collection
Stay tuned as I will be posting about a face ‘peel’ I just tried and am seemingly falling in love with. As in, take-the-peel-out-for-dinner-and-buy-it-pink-roses love. I won’t be buying it red roses quite yet; I don’t want to jump the gun, ya know?
Thanks for taking the time to read & to hang out with me.