Ok. NO secret here: I am a nail polish-aholic. In the hoarding type of way. It’s probably the most girly thing I publicly admit to doing. It’s also probably the prettiest “problem” to have.
I thought it would be helpful to post my HG nail polish colors/formulas and get others opinions on their favorites. Maybe you are here because you were all like, “Hey I need new nail colors but have no idea what are the good ones.” I am here to save the day!! Maybe not. Maybe I just try to pretend I’m a superhero. We all want to be one. I can be Mystique! Anyway…
(Pictured are listed below, L-R)
1. Essie – Set in Stones. This gawgeous silver/gold glitter goes well and livens up any boring manicure. Sometimes I lust after nail art but my brain is waaay more ambitious than my body is willing to put up with. This nail polish somehow satisfies my nail art craving by just doing an accent nail. Crisis averted.
2. Essie – Mint Candy Apple. This cult fave is seriously the most beautiful shade of mint that it makes every Pinterest pinner like, die. Like, they can’t even. It’s what I’m currently wearing and what more testimony could you possibly need? P.S. It is definitely brighter than it seems in the bottle.
3. Essie – Bikini So Teeny. When this periwinkle blue shade came out about 2ish years ago, I wore it for 3 months straight – NO LIE. Anyone and everyone I knew had gotten addicted to this color (I like to think I had something to do with it). It’s my favorite to wear in the Summer. and Winter. and Spring. and on the beach. and at the park. and dog walking. I’ll stop.
4. Sally Hansen, Xtreme Wear – Pacific Blue. Let’s talk about my favorite shade of blue. Then make it a nail polish. Ok, here you go. ::grins:: The brush on this wittle baby is wide so you can coat the nail faster and the formula is creamy and opaque (which is apparently the adjectives that are going to seemingly apply to every single polish I mention in this post. Sorry but I’m not). Anyway, SH Pacific Blue is kind of a dupe for Essie’s Butler Please but I think Sally’s is a touch more pastel. I love it. ::cue singing “I don’t care, I love it” by Icona Pop::
5. Essie – Fiji. Easily my absolute favorite. It’s creamy, opaque, and an almost white-pink shade. It makes you look extra tan in the summer which is great because I’m see-through and it also looks good on absolutely everyone, even if you’re dark as the night. And therefore you make me jealous.
6. OPI – My Chihuahua Bites. This is an intense red-orange that is deep enough for the cold months and bright enough for the warm ones. It works on all skin tones and I was happily swayed at first to buy it due to the name. 🙂 If they marketed anything to me with Chihuahua in the name, I can’t say I wouldn’t buy it. I’m a marketer’s dream. I know.
7. Essie – Wicked. (not pictured) A deep, blood dripping down the neck red. Black-red. It’s sexy. Like you. You are the vampire with this color on your nails. Be the vampire. Add some Essie Set in Stones and you’ll be a sparkly vampire. [See wut I did thur?] Note: A color dupe for this color is L’Oreal Haute Couture Red which I blogged about here.
Honorable Mention: Essie – Dive Bar. This polish is a dark, black blue-green shade that looks freakin’ COOL on your nails. If you don’t like wearing black nail polish but like the look of dark nails, try this guy out. It reminds me of a mermaid or ocean. Mah brayn haz probz.
Set in Stones, Mint Candy Apple, & Bikini So Teeny
My Chihuahua Bites & Dive Bar
Ok. I swear I’m not sponsored by anyone and especially not Essie although you really may be questioning me by all these mentions. I honestly just love Essie stuff/formulas/colors. I’m actually heading out to buy some of their Summer Neon line today. 😉
Also, my shopping tip! I usually order Essie & China Glaze nail polishes from Amazon. The prices are about $2+ cheaper than the stores and I love getting packages in the mail! 🙂
Thanks for reading/hanging out/bein’ a pal.